Imposing, over 100 years old … Bombax tree (picture below)
Some historical background :
Aburi spreads over a relatively small strip of land immediately west of the main Accra-Koforidua Road, and set amongst lush green mountain landscape. One can reach Aburi via Accra-Koforidua Road.
The town’s principle tourist attraction is undoubtedly the Aburi Botanical Gardens. Located immediately north of the town limits, the Aburi Botanical Gardens has a history dating back to 1890, and in it’s history has seen many great VIPs visit it’s impressive grounds, both from Ghana & abroad.
Ghanaian Heads Of State such as General I.K. Acheampong, Lieutenant-General F.W.K. Akuffo, and Flight-Lieutenant J.J. Rawlings, have all planted trees on the grounds, as have such figures as Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles of Great Britain, President Nicolae Ceauşescu of Romania, and President Pál Losonczi of Hungary.
- Very Loud Lunch At Miku Restaurant (johnchow.com)
- Aburi Garden (ghana-net.com)
- Dtalkshop hosts Creative Enterprise Workshop in Ghana (vanguardngr.com)
- SETTING FOOT IN GHANA – Accra, Ghana (travelpod.com)
- Garage48 Opens in Accra, Ghana (macjordangh.wordpress.com)
- Better Homes and Gardens: FREE Admissions to Botanical Gardens (southernsavers.com)
- Botanical Wednesday: Enchanted forest (scienceblogs.com)
- Culture shock. – Accra, Ghana (travelpod.com)
- FIRST FULL DAY/THURSDAY – Accra, Ghana (travelpod.com)
- Slideshow: More Naples Botanical Garden (mymobileadventures.com)